Sunday, December 2, 2018

Christmas Mantel


One of my favorite things I love to do is decorate!
It brings such joy to my soul!

Our mantel is such an odd shape, the stone consumes the entire wall.
Then there are 2 long pieces of rocks across the top
of the fireplace.  So it has always been quite a challenge to make
it look inviting and beautiful.


I love the contrast of the grey stone and the red and green of Christmas.
I love the simplicity of the wall behind the Christmas
decorations.  I also love the white in the decorations that pop from 
the grey wall.  I used white, brown, greenery, and books
covered in brown paper.


 I still need to get the stockings hung around on the rock too.
The stockings will cover the cord to the lights.
I sure love the look of this mantel.


I decided to center the living room around the Savior.  His birth, and the 
meanings of his name.  Here is one of my favorite nativities.  I put a mirror behind
it along with names of the Savior.  
The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father
The Prince of Peace.


I also have this beautiful piece of Mary holding baby Jesus on a donkey.  It is from 
Hansen Creations.  My absolute favorite motif is the Fleur de lis.  I have them
all over my house.  This one is metal.


I made my sign with my cricut and Robin's Nest papers.
The crown also represents the Savior.  Lord of Lords.
It was found at the Home store, new to Salt Lake City.


Another statue of the Savior, also from Hansen Creations.  It stays out
all year long, along with other statues I have that stay out all year long.
The candle was given to me from my aunt, it is from Germany.


These are a few more pictures after I hung the stockings,








This room is so warm and inviting now that the fireplace
has been washed grey.  It has change the whole look of my 
living room, I am so very glad that I made the change.

A Merry Christmas to you!!!

Robin

No comments: