Sunday, November 25, 2018

I Grey Washed My Fireplace

For several years now I have been wanting to do something
to my rock wall fireplace.  

Here is the before picture.


The rock covers the entire wall of the living room, and just a bit around the
side about a foot.  I used to have a waterfall in it, but
 it has never worked as long as we have lived
 in our house, almost 30 years.    Thank Goodness.  Raising
kids it would have been a disaster with water in the
living room!

I finally talked Dana into letting me update the rock look.
It has been a challenge to do this, as men love rock and wood, at
least my man does.  I have always wanted to paint the wood ceiling
and that was never a go, but I did finally get the go ahead
for the grey wash on the rock.


Here we are!  Washed grey!

This was so easy!  
I used Mindful Grey Sherwin Williams paint.
I put 1 part paint to 10 parts water.
I used a 6 inch brush and brushed the watered down
paint on the rocks.

That is it!!!!

All you need is a quart of Mindful Grey, a small container, I used a
large yogurt container, and a 6 inch brush, and water!
Voila, you have all you need.



I decorated the wall just for fun so I could get the vibe of how
it will look after Christmas.  And not very good photo
but one to let me put it back together again.



Christmas soon to come.

What do you think?

Ciao,

Robin


No comments: