Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Eve Tablescape

My favorite time with the family is on Christmas Eve.

We do our celebration on the Eve of Christmas,
presents, and our big dinner.

I spend days preparing for it, all the festivities,
nothing brings me greater joy on Christmas than to 
spend time with our grandkids and kids.

Here is my tablescape for this year.

So much fun!


This year I used some very special items from my favorite
boxes, some from the past, my mothers crochet red and white
table cloth.  I think it is actually for a bed, but
I decided to use it this year on the table.


A few years ago I purchased these angel wings for pictures I do each
summer with my grand children.  They really are angels!
I used them on the back of each chair, and tied them
with these gold and red rope tassels.


The table setting is so gorgeous!
Gold plated stainless, that my close friend brought to me
a few weeks ago.  She found them when she was cleaning out a house
of a man who had passed away, and everything was going to a yard
sale.  She knew I loved to do these table settings, and so shared
them with me.  Such a great gift, such a special friend.


White chargers, under silver chargers, then red plates, and beautiful
white bowls, on top of that green fruit salad plates.

Red goblets, and white cupcake pedestal plates. 



Each place setting has black and white cloth napkins from Pier I,
and red embroidered cloth napkins from Ralph Lauren. 



The center piece Dana made for me with wood from  a palate,
I filled it with greenery, red pine cones, red pomegranates, cream candles,
and beautiful hand cut glass candle holders. 







I repainted this table a few weeks ago, it was black.
I used Mindful Gray paint from Sherwin Williams.  I 
distressed this with a brick color on top of the gray.

This table cloth I purchased at the Christmas Markets in Germany
a few years ago.  I fell in love with it, it really was my intent to buy a 
tablecloth that I could embroider myself, but only finished ones
were available.  Really to my advantage!


My special find this year.  I found this at a vintage store.






I changed the chairs in the dinning room to white for Christmas,
and it brightens the room to have them in here.
I used red ribbon to tie a bow on my pillows.  They feel so 
festive!  I did them on all the pillows in my family room too!





So a Merry Christmas to you!

I hope that you will have as much fun on Christmas Eve as
we are planning on this year.

Have a great Holiday!

Robin


No comments: