Sunday, October 28, 2018

Book about Home 2

Hello!

I have been working on this for a few months on and off.
I started it with the cover of the album and the
clip board, then stopped. 
Somehow could not get myself to keep going
until I had some actual pictures of the house.  I had some
but not the ones that could get me inspired to
get to the next level of finishing the book.

Here is my cover to the album, and the details.
I am so pleased with how it has come out.
Love the colors of these papers, because,
this is the color of my European inspired home.

I'm sure that it is hard to believe, that I did this finish on the 
stucco of our home long before it became the thing.
Dana put scaffolding around the house, and as I 
had time in the summer, I would take a day (and it took
many, many weeks) and paint the
finish by hand, every inch of the outside of our home.
So there is a lot of love and time put into this silly idea.
Now I know you can do this with a sprayer, and get a more even
look.  I was trying to mimic houses that I fell in love with,
in France and Italy.


The idea of this book is to have that European look,
but because we live in the country with an acre of land
I wanted it also to have the look of country,
I love Nests, thus the focal point of the front of the book.


So my mini album about our house had to have that same look.
European Splendor
a nest for me, and the look I love.

I used these papers.
Honeycomb Fleur linen CS, Cathedral Paper,
Honeycomb Daisy Linen CS, Mocha Daisy CS
Coffee Cream Classic Swirl

Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock
Honeycomb Daisy Glitter CardstockMocha Daisy Glitter CardstockCoffee Creme Classic Glitter Cardstock

I started with a frame cut from mat board.  It doesn't matter what color,
you can use an old mat board frame.  I then covered it with the Cathedral
paper.  The pattern for this paper does come from a trip we took
to Italy, I found it in a paper store in Florence.

I have been saving this nest picture for at least 10 years.
It is from the artist Marjolean Bastian.  I love her
work, I have several of her books, and cards, and this 
picture.  She is an amazing artist.

I put this picture in the frame, then added glued the word home to the top edge
of the frame.



Orangy colored ribbon, a fleur de lis book mark in silver top the
book.  I hand cut the "home" letters from the honeycomb fleur,
and also from our chipboard, and covered the chipboard with the fleur home cuts. 
I wanted them to be very sturdy.

I then went through my stash of scrapbook stuff,
made flowers with punches, then sprayed them with water, crinkled 
them in my hand and let them sit overnight to dry.

Then, I just started adding items as I liked.
Even used a pin from my mother's jewelry to the book.




This is the edge of the mini with all the pages stacked on top.



More close ups of the mini.


Close ups of the hand made flowers.


I used dew drops and tear drops on the flowers.
Tear drops make great leaves.


This is the tag on the top of the clip board.
And a picture of the side of our house of the door we use the most.
It is the only picture of the house that you see
on the cover of the book,
because the rest is in the inside pages of the book.


I am so excited to share this treasure of a book with you.

I hope you enjoyed it.
Next week I will share the inside pages of the book.


Have a great day,
remember you can find these products on this website.

www.robinsnest-scrap.com

Ciao,

Robin

No comments: