Monday, September 24, 2018

Fall Baking with Plums

Hello there!

It is fall, 
though the trees are not yet changing in my yard yet.
I am in the fall baking mood, 
which happens to me every fall!
Not so much the rest of the year, however, I am
trying to turn over a new leaf
and document the things that I am doing
each day.

Maybe this is mostly for me,
but for sure I want to do this and write.

I created a pastry today that is a knock off of one my
mother baked when she was alive, but she 
baked it in a large baking sheet and not
in individual little pastries.



I made this by using a very simple recipe.  
I love the recipe "5 Minute Bread" which is found easily
on line under that title.

I mixed up the bread recipe and let it rise.
Then I took small pieces of the dough about half the size
of a golf ball,  rolled the dough in sugar.

Then after rolling it in sugar I flatten the sugared dough in
a round disk shape and put it on my baking stone.
(on the stone is white cornmeal)

Then I used purple plums from my plum tree in my yard.
Cut the plums in half and place 2 or 3 plums on 
the flattened sugared bread.


When we were touring in Europe in the fall, I remember seeing these
in the bakeries, though I never ordered one, only took
pictures of the beautiful pastries, they looked divine.


After the plums are placed on the bread, I sprinkle cinnamon
and sugar mixture over the top of the plums and bread.


Bake for 20-25 minutes, 
and they turn out just like this!

They are so scrumptious!
I look forward to them every year.

One of the things always on my fall bucket list.

They are so fun and easy!

Enjoy.

Ciao,
Robin

No comments: