Monday, November 3, 2014

Be Thankful Pennant

Today I am sharing with you the fireplace at my Dad's house.
Dana and I are staying with my dad right now, 
he is in his 80's and needs some company, and help,
so we spend alot of our extra time at his house.

Last year Rachel was part of a group who shared their scrapbook
talents.  They made banners, books, and journaling tags.
She gave me the letters to the words Be Thankful,
each person on the trade made one letter, so each letter is 
different.
I wanted to pull them all together to make a banner.

Here is what I finished just this week.


The fireplace has a beautiful cement surround,
I added the bunting banner, with each letter adhered to
its own bunting flag.

These were made from Brown Chipboard and
Honeycomb daisy/stripe.
One of my favorite colors,
I maybe should have chosen a brighter orange
color for the bunting flags, but
alas, it is to late for that!


Here they are cut out. 
I used my cricut to cut these out.


This is how Rachel gave them to me.
She did the "F", She used the Leaf glitter CS,
Brown and Red Glitter Chipboard leaves
and orange dew drops from
The Robin's Nest
Scrapbook Companyt


Here is a close up of the bunting hanging in front of the fireplace.


Again the hanging effect.
The autumn trees framed picture I painted
 years ago.  It's a watercolor.


It is such a fun look. 
I put a eyelet in each top corner of the bunting
and used gold ribbon to thread them together.
On the ends is just the brown chipboard.


This is fun way to get your candles to be on different levels.
I used goblets to sit them on,
I also added my home grown white pumpkins.
I was only successful in growing 2 orange mini pumpkins.


These are Rachel's pumpkins she grew in her garden.
The orange and large white one.
So cute here!


I am totally in love with princess pumpkins.
That was what I grew last year, but alas, none this
year I had to purchase this one.


 Here are close ups of all the letters.
I distressed each bunting with brown ink.





And now again, the
finished fireplace.

This is such a fun way to celebrate
Thanksgiving!


Have a great Thanksgiving Season

Ciao,

Robin

No comments: