Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Recycled Mini Lamp

something for the home.

I have had this lamp for a very long time
and I love it, but it is getting very 
dated, and so I decided to upcycle it.


So I decided to make it match the guest 
house that we are working on this summer.




So the colors in the guest house are black, white, 
cream, and brown.
I chose the Men's Plaid for the base,
and French Vanilla Fleur linen CS for the lamp shade.

I spray painted the brass black.


I used the lamp shade as my pattern.
I traced it as I rolled it along the paper.


I then cut it out and it looks like this.


I wrapped the paper and glued it on the shade,
and distressed the top and bottom edges.
Then I traced my swirls for dew drops with
EK Success pen glue.


I then used one clear large dew drop in the middle
of my pattern, then clear and pearl mini dew drops,
and pearl diamond drops as part of my design.
Here is how it turned out.


I also edged the top and bottom of the
shade with diamond and mini dew drops.




I covered the middle of the lamp with
the Men's Plaid.  I just used Aleenes Tacky glue.


Such a cute recycled lamp.

So love it.

You can find these products on our website



Have a great day!

Ciao,

Robin

No comments: