Saturday, February 1, 2014

I love Valentines Day!

All my life
Valentines Day has always been special.

My mother always greeted us in the morning with
pink pancakes for breakfast.

She always made valentines cards for us,
and we of course would
make and sign our own valentines for school.

Our evening always started with
Pink Casserole. 
I still can taste it in my mind as I
remember these foods.

I took these traditions with me when
I left home, married, and had a family.
  Our kids too ate 
pink pancakes 
for breakfast and 
pink casserole for dinner.

Here are some of the things I do in my house
to decorate for 
Valentines Day.

It is a special day in our home.

Here is our sign we
sit on the mantle of our fireplace.

I used Robin's Nest Products
which are glued on a long brown matboard.
Glitter Valentine Cardstock
Valentine Stripe Cardstock
Brown Glitter Classic Swirl Cardstock
Red Dew Drops


This is a side view of the Love Sign.


 Here is a Be Mine 12x12 love note
as I like to call these signs.
All products used are 
Retired Robin's Nest Products.


Our kitchen table
Valentines and Love!


Kiss me Table setting.
I have a wonderful set of pink dishes
from my Victorian Decorating Days.


I added a few straws to the table setting.


From our store years ago, 
I made this Valentines tree.  
The hearts are brads, and at the beginning
of the month I added dew drops.

I love the metal heart on the pink block
couldn't resist it years ago.
And the little girl she came to my home
years ago.  She has cute hearts on her,
and for Winter in Utah February,
she is dressed for the winter cold days,
she just fits like a glove.
I love her.


The mushroom came from my mother's boxes.
I remember as a child, she would
have these mushrooms all around.
She grew up in Germany, 
and this was just part of our home,
mushrooms!


I made this medallion for Crafts Magazine.
I'm not sure what they did with it.
But I did take one picture of it,
and here it is.
Maybe we will see it on their Facebook.


I sure love the Robin's Nest products for Valentines.
The basics are so perfect to
make projects with.  It is a great red!

Robin's Nest Products used:
Glitter Chipboard in Red and Silver
Glitter Red Paisley Cardstock
Classic Roses Cardstock
Pink Glitter Chipboard
Pearl dew drops
White and Red tear drops
Pearl diamond drops
Heart Clippies
Glitter Lips Cardstock

Find all these products on our website
under Wild About You.
www.robinsnest-scrap.com

I hope you have a great Valentines Day.

Enjoy these fun ideas!

Happy Valentines Day!

Hugs and Ciao,

Robin

No comments: