Monday, January 7, 2019

Winter Whites on the Mantle



It is winter here where we live.

I love the winter, sometimes I complain about the temperature.
This morning when I left the house it was 4 degrees!
Woah, that is seriously cold.  But none the less I still love my home,
and where I live.  Here is my happy place.

I recently grey washed the rock on my fireplace.
It has made all the difference in the world for me.
There were lots of hours working on my husband to let me lighten the
fireplace, even now as I work with it, add the winter whites
to the mantle, I realize, it was really the perfect update for
my living room.  It is so cozy, and feels so much bigger.

Love the new look for sure.


The white against the light grey, Yes! 
Just what I wanted!


I decorate the house in winter whites during the winter.
It is refreshing especially after all the bold reds and greens
of Christmas.  I love the change.


Aren't these polar bears the cutest!
When I owned my store years ago I fell in love with them.
They came just before we sold the store and closed.
These were one of my fun saves.  I wanted to
have them for Christmas, but over the years I have changed
how I decorate the house for Christmas.
Now they are packed in my January box.
They are perfect for the winter, I love bringing in these
cute polar bears and white snowmen.
and white snowflake dishes during the winter cold season.


The cool thing about winter whites is you can use just about
any white item to decorate with making the home feel so bright.
I love the bright feel especially in the middle of winter.
You don't get the dol drums of the winter when the house
feels so light and white.


The white trees are also packed away for January.
This year our January is quite white.
The last few years we haven't had very much snow,
so with white on the ground, I wanted to give the house
a white feel as well.  Bright and cheery!


Here are just simple items in my house that I have brought to
the mantle and living area for the January winter feel.


White old windows, white bowl full of old books with
the covers torn off.


My angels that represent my 2 angels in heaven, and books covered in 
brown paper, with the backs to the rock.


The twists of thread that look like white trees are thread that is used
in Ethiopia to make dresses and gabi's.  We lived in Ethiopia for 2 years
on a humanitarian mission.  Behind the thread is my piece of redwood
that we purchased in California this year on our Coastal
vacation.  It is made into a bowl.  

Tell me what you think of this winter white mantle.

Books, platters, greenery, that is all it takes to create this fun
mantle.  You can do this too.

Happy New Year!  2019
Celebrate the winter with decorating with white!

Robin

No comments: