Saturday, December 29, 2018

New Years Eve Tablescape

Such a fun time New Years Eve!

Just home from visiting our daughter in California.
My first project is this tablescape.
I wanted to share this idea with you.
I so love to create table settings.  Do we have an opportunity
to use them all.  Not always, but for sure this is one
I have wanted to do for myself for many years.

Last year we had a New Years party, but not elegant like this would
require.  We played games - minute to win it games.
visited, and ate great food.

This year I want to do a more elegant evening.
A special dinner and a night of visiting.


Do you think I should ask people to dress up for this occasion?
It certainly would be much more fitting for this celebration.



My dinning room from afar.
This room is doesn't have any windows, just the window from the
room next to it, the door is the window, and from the kitchen.

It is a little hard to get beautiful bright pictures with out windows.
but I continue to work on brighter pictures of the tablescapes
when I am taking pictures in this room.


I love these dishes!  Gold and silver with white.
How can anything be more elegant?
I just found these silver goblets at a  resale store.
It always makes me a bit sad when someone sells something
so fabulous.  Was it their mother's, their grandmother's?
Or maybe it was their mother-in-laws. 
I am so blessed that they came my way, and I was able
to find this treasure!


Simple.
White tablecloth, gold and silver plaid place mat, gold napkins.
Gold plated stainless.


Silver charger, 
gold rimmed china dinner plate
from Mary Carol,
Silver rimmed salad plate,
gold rimmed roll plate
from Mary Carol,
Gold rimmed dessert bowl with handles
from Mary Carol.


The centerpiece is all sorts of little silver and candles that I had.  I'll show
you how these were put together.  Very easy to accomplish
with things you may have around the house.


I should have put little mini lights around the center of the
table, and I may still do this.  It would really look nice if I add this
and brighten the center of the table.


This is the serving side table in my kitchen.
I just recently painted it from black to grey, and distressed
the legs to look rust and grey.


I forgot that I made this teapot years ago with a clock on it.
I used an old silver teapot and added jewels and jewelry to the
outside of the pot.  It is one of my favorite creations.
It is quite perfect for the table setting for New Years.


I added small mini led lights to this table.

To create the parts of the table centerpiece, here is what I 
put together.  Just one on top of the other to create the 
look of high centerpiece if you don't have this 
high of pieces, you can create your own!


A vase, a small silver dish, and a candle.


The centerpiece with lights.


A cupcake stand and a candle.
Simple.


The table all put together.
Lights, stacked items to create the centerpiece.


This will be a great dinner, and a beautiful way to serve 
dinner.  I have not yet decided what we are having
for dinner.  Do you have any suggestions?
I could use some!

Happy New Year!

Robin 






No comments: